Thursday, January 30, 2014

A little bit about me...

Hi!
My name is Jess and I'm a Women's Studies and Creative Writing major. I like long walks on the the beach and reading...no really, I do. I also like to write--hence being a creative writing student--and I have my own blog and feminist column in the school's newspaper.

I saw a few good movies over break and spent time with great friends (I highly recommend Dallas Buyers Club!). I also spent the day in Boston with my boyfriend...most of it was spent being fairly lost but I got to go to the aquarium which was the highlight of my break. I'm like a five year old when I go to the aquarium.

I took this class because, as many people don't like to admit at first, it fulfilled a requirement and fit my schedule. I'm excited to take this class though and think that it's going to add to the well-rounded lens that the program gives us as Women's Studies majors. The media is a part of our lives that we can't avoid or deny and it's important for us to consider how it affects us in our very formative years.

I can be a little shy at first, but I look forward to creating a comfortable space and getting to know all of you more :)


No comments:

Post a Comment